Properties may be assessed water, sewer or blue box user fees depending on access to the services. These fees will either be flat-rate charges included on annual Property Tax Bills or quarterly Metered Utility Bills, which are based on consumption plus a base rate. Properties with new construction may receive Interim Utility bills based on the Occupancy Permit date.
Metered Water Bills
Invoices for these levies are mailed four times per year and are due within 30 days of the invoice date. Invoices can be paid the following ways:
- Telephone banking through your financial institution
- Online banking
- Mail to: City of Maple Ridge 11995 Haney Place Maple Ridge BC V2X 6A9
- In person at City Hall
- Pre-authorized withdrawal
- Credit card through Paymentus Corporation, a third-party automated payment service that accepts MasterCard, Visa or American Express
- A 1.75% convenience fee will be charged. Utility payments have a maximum of $250.00 per transaction. Multiple payments can be made if your outstanding balance exceeds those limits.
- This service is also available through an automated telephone system at 855-480-9594.
Final Metered Water Reading
A metered water reading separate from the normal quarterly billing can be arranged. Often, it is done when purchasing or selling a home and requested by a conveyance agent or solicitor. This is to ensure the metered water is paid up to date by the previous owners. The Service Fee is $116.00 plus GST and PST totaling $129.92 for the reading.
To request a reading, fill out a Final Water Meter Read Request Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: The City will try to accommodate the read date request filled out on the Final Water Read Request Form, but it will depend on the volume of service requests. Meter Readings are not available on weekends or statutory holidays.