Service Connection

Municipal Side Leak
The service connection between the City of Maple Ridge watermain and the owner's property line is the property of the City. The repair of any leaks in this section is the responsibility of the City. In most residences there is a shut-off or meter box at the property line which is also the property and responsibility of the City.

Private Side Leak
The connection between the owner's property line and house is the resident's property. This is the responsibility of the owner to maintain and repair if a leak or break occurs.

Locating Service Connection
To locate the water service connection at the property line, please call the Operations Centre. The approximate location of the water shut-off will be given to the caller. In addition, a request can be made for the Waterworks section to assist in locating a difficult to find water shut-off.