|# | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z|
Back to Top
- Area Planning Assessment - Policy 6.30 - To assist in the selection of future area plans
- Arts and Cultural Plan - Policy 4.13 - To provide direction, commitment and vision for the arts and culture
- Bylaw Enforcement - Management of Records - Policy 5.29 - To manage bylaw enforcement records in compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Committees of Council - Policy 3.11 - To establish guidelines for the formation and operation of Committees of Council
- Communication - Policy 5.41 - Standards with respect to communication practices. This policy should be read in conjunction with Social Media Policy No. 30.10
- Community Amenity Contribution Program - Policy 6.31 - To provide a variety of amenities in a financially sustainable manner.
- Community Directory and Events Calendar Postings on Website - Policy 5.54 - Standards on postings to the eEvents calendar and the community directory on the district's website.
- Community Grants - Policy 5.56 - To establish open and transparent guidelines for the evaluation and distribution of community grants, respecting the limited financial resources available for this purpose
- Control of Superficial and Groundwater Discharge in the Area Bounded by 207 Street, 124 Avenue, 224 Street and the Crest of the Fraser River Escarpment - Policy 6.23 - To set out conditions for the consideration of superficial or groundwater discharge in the area bounded by 207 Street, 124 Avenue and 224 Street to the crest of the Fraser River Escarpment without compromising the stability of the entire escarpment (This policy should be read in conjunction with Policy No. 6.24 - " Subdivision of, or building on, land within 300 metres of the Crest of the Fraser River Escarpment.")
- Council and Staff Liaison Roles - Policy 3.10 - to clarify the roles and responsibilities of Council and Staff liaisons
- Council Training, Conferences, and Association Building - Policy 3.07 - To manage the council training, conferences and association building budget
- Criminal Record Checks Requested for Nonpaid Volunteer Fees - Policy 5.03 - To allow nonpaid volunteers, working with "high-risk" groups, to apply for a fee exemption
- Detached Garden Suite - Policy 6.29 - To provide a framework for the regulation of a detached garden suite
- Development Cost Charges - Installment Payment Due Dates - Policy 5.14 - To establish the schedule of installment payments for development cost charges where the developer has elected to pay by installments
- Development Cost Charges - Installment Payment Security - Policy 5.15 - To define the acceptable securities that may be used to guarantee the recovery of development cost charge installments
- Development Information Meetings - Policy 6.20 - Minimum standards for the hosting a meeting by a developer to inform the public of proposed development changes in their neighbourhood
- Development of Lands Adjacent to Kanaka Creek Regional Park - Policy 6.03 - Development standards for urban lands adjacent to the park boundary
- Development Sign Specifications - Policy 6.21 - Specifications to ensure proper notification of proposed development changes
- Disposal of Found Goods - Policy 10.01 - To provide City and Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) staff with regard to property found and reported to the RCMP by individuals who initiate a claim
- Excess or Extended Services and Latecomer Payments - Policy 9.11 -- to outline procedures for calculating and recovering the upfront construction costs where the City has required a Developer to provide Excess or Extended Services
- Filming in Maple Ridge - Policy 9.04 - To document that the film industry's use of Maple Ridge provides economic benefits and community recognition
- Financial Support Process Policy - Policy 5.49 - To evaluate requests for support using a standard process to ensure the best use is made of available budget dollars
- Financial Sustainability Plan Policy - A proactive strategy is required that will lay the groundwork for the continuance of high quality services and provide a legacy for future generations; it will position the Cityto meet financial obligations and take advantage of opportunities that arise; it will also mean that residents can look forward to equitable and affordable taxation
- Floathome Moorage - Policy 6.08 - To provide a management framework to allow water based residential uses
- Fraser River Escarpment - Policy 6.23 - To set out conditions for the consideration of surficial or groundwater discharge in the area bounded by 207 Street, 124 Avenue and 224 Street to the crest of the Fraser River Escarpment without compromising the stability of the entire escarpment
- Gaming Revenue - Policy 5.55 - Used to fund non-recurring items, for example, capital improvements that cannot be funded through development charges.
- Grants in Aid - Policy 5.04 - Specifications on grant requests
- Heritage Plaque - Policy 6.07 - To identify the objectives of the Heritage Plaque Program
- Information Security - Policy 5.47 - To ensure that district computer and information resources are safe for their intended use
- Infrastructure Inspections - Policy 9.12 - To ensure that inspections are carried out in defined locations and to confirm that public infrastructure is in acceptable condition
Back to Top
Back to Top
- Landscape Security - Policy 6.28 - To establish a formal policy regarding the receiving and the return of landscape securities for various permits
- Legal Counsel - Policy 5.35 - To set out the authority and process for the retention of external legal counsel
- Litigants' Representations with Council - Policy 5.26 - to address the issue of litigants appearing before council
- Local Area Service Policy - Policy 5.01 - To set conditions under which the district will consider installation of services
- Mayor and Council Correspondence - Policy 3.08 - To establish a protocol for response to correspondence addressed to mayor and council
- Modular Home Park Redevelopment Tenant Assistance - Policy 6.27 - To establish measures for rezoning applications that propose the redevelopment of properties used as mobile home parks
- City Lands - Acquisition - Policy 5.28 - To govern a fair and equitable approach to property acquisition
- City Lands - Disposition of Proceeds - Policy 5.11 - To ensure the City has future resources to acquire additional lands
- City Lands - Permanent Disposition - Policy 5.10 - To govern when City lands shall be deemed to be available for permanent disposition
- City Lands - Posting for Sale or Lease - Policy 5.08 - Posting City lands for sale or lease
- City Lands - Valuation for Disposition Purposes - Policy 5.09 - To govern the valuation of City lands
Back to Top
- Neighbourhood Pub - Policy 6.13 - Methods for determining community opinion
- Neighbourhood Traffic Management - Policy 9.07 - To provide consistent practices to ensure that neighbourhood traffic issues will be addressed in a balanced, efficient and cost effective manner that respects the needs for mobility and safety of all road users (This policy should be read in conjunction with Neighbourhood Traffic Management Practices.)
- Outdoor Burning Regulations - Zero Tolerance - Policy 8.01 - To establish a zero tolerance policy with respect to violations
- Panhandle Lot - Policy 6.02 - to permit panhandle lots under certain conditions
- Parkland - Acquisition through CDMR Development Ltd. - Policy 5.25 - To provide for the acquisition of parkland
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.16 - "Homes for the Care of Children" and the "Relief of the Aged, the Poor, the Disabled and the Infirm"
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.17 - "Private Hospitals and Day Cares"
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.18 - "Community Halls"
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.19 - "City Recreational Services"
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.20 - "Churches"
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.21 - "Private Schools"
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.22 - "Youth Recreation Groups"
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.23 - "Heritage Sites"
- Pest Management - Policy 4.18 - To formalize practices which have consistently been followed to reduce the introduction of pesticides to the environment to an absolute minimum; the presence and effects of pest species will be tolerated at population levels which do not threaten host survival or render facilities unusable
- Policy Development and Maintenance - Policy 3.09 - To provide guidelines and standards to support the effective development and maintenance of legislative and operational policies
- Prison Work Crews - Policy 4.16 - To permit the use of inmate work crews to supplement the regular maintenance program and special projects work of the parks and leisure services and Public Works Departments and associated volunteer organizations (i.e., Adopt a Block, ARMS, Equestrian Trails Council, etc.)
- Proclamations - Policy 3.02 - To eliminate the need for City Council approval and publication of proclamations
- Public Private Partnership - Policy 5.50 - To ensure that public private partnerships are guided by the Public Private Partnership Handbook
- Public Private Partnership Handbook - A systematic guide to dealing with Public Private Partnerships
- Public Solicitations - Policy 3.01 - Criteria for determining if public solicitations will be considered
- Purchasing - Policy 5.45 - To summarize the responsibilities of the Purchasing Department
Back to Top
- Recordings of Council Meetings - Policy 3.12 - To provide guidelines for the live streaming and transparent management of recordings of Council meetings
- Regulation of Earth Fill Within Floodplains - Policy 9.10 - To evaluate the potential impact of the placement of fill within a floodplain
- Resident Exemption and Resident Only Parking - Policy 9.09 - To ensure that neighbourhood parking issues are addressed in a balanced, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Road Exchanges - Valuation When Requirement of Development Process - Policy 6.10 - Method to determine value when road dedication and road exchange are required under the same development application
- Secondary Suites - Policy 6.14 - To provide a framework for the regulation of secondary suites
- Secondary Suites - Guidelines for Exclusion - Policy 6.15 - To provide regulation of secondary suites where certain neighbourhoods may be identified in the Zoning Bylaw as areas where secondary suites are not permitted
- Security Alarm - Bylaw 6400-2006 - To reduce the number of false alarms requiring response
- Security Deposits - Policy 5.07 - To establish the types of securities that are acceptable to the district as security deposits
- Sewer Area - Extension Into the Agricultural Land Reserve - Policy 9.02 - Criteria with respect to sewer extension into the Agricultural Land Reserve
- Show Home Building Application - Policy 6.22 - To address market demand to showcase individual developments to prospective clients
- Snow Removal and Ice Control on City Roadways - Policy 9.08 - To provide service to improve vehicle mobility during winter conditions with respect to snow removal and ice control on City roadways
- Telecommunications Tower Siting Protocol - Protocol - To establish procedural standards that will allow the district to effectively participate in and influence the placement of telecommunication antenna structures proposed within the district
Back to Top
- Volunteerism - Policy 4.12 - To ensure that all avenues are made available for volunteer development and experiences and that volunteers are duly recognized for their efforts and commitment
Back to Top
Back to Top
Back to Top
Back to Top